1. Respecting Your Privacy
Chemsave Pty Ltd (Chemsave) is committed to supporting the Australian Privacy Principles in Schedule 1 to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). These Principles are the basis of the standards we adhere to in the collection, access, storage and use of personal information which we may obtain during the course of operating our business.
2. Anonymity and Pseudonymity
You have the option of not identifying yourself or of using a pseudonym. However, if you do not identify yourself, we may not be able to provide our services to you.
3. Collection of Personal information by Us
Chemsave will only collect information that is necessary for its functions or activities, that is to provide you with products or services.
The kinds of personal information we collect and store will depend on what products and services you request from us, which may include:
- your opinions in relation to specific products and services,
- your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address to facilitatecommunications between you and us
- credit card details to facilitate payment for products or services you purchase from us, and
- information about your use of our products and services.
Information about transactions relating to prescription products is only stored by us in a de-identified format and this information is not shared with other organisations.
4. Unsolicited personal information
If we receive unsolicited personal information about you, we will determine whether we could have lawfully solicited that information from you. The information will be destroyed or de-identified if we determine that we could not have lawfully obtained the unsolicited information.
5. Notification of the collection of personal information
If we collect personal information about you, we will ensure that you are aware of the information and the circumstances of its collection.
6. How your personal information will be used
We collect your personal information to use for the purpose of providing our goods and services to you. These uses include the following;
- activating your account and confirming your identity and details
- processing your orders,
- identifying your special product and service requirements,
- providing electronic confirmation of your orders,
- advising you of any changes to our products and services,
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have,
- developing, improving, and marketing our products and services,
- disseminating marketing materials.
7. Disclosure of Personal information
Personal information we collect from you may be disclosed:
- if required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
- if you would reasonably expect us to disclose the information to achieve the purpose for which it was obtained, including to our business associates;
- to our management and personnel;
- to our professional advisors and other contractors or
- to others with your express or implied consent.
8. Taking Care of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure. Chemsave will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed.
9. Access and correction of your personal information
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that we hold. We will provide you with a written explanation if we are unable to lawfully comply with your request.
If we become aware that the information we have about you is inaccurate, we will request you to provide correct, updated information. We will update our records if you request us to correct or update information about you.
10. Transfer of your Personal Information Overseas
Before we disclose personal information about you to a person who is not in Australia, we will ensure either that the recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles or that the recipient is subject to a law that protects the information at least to the same extent that the information is protected under Australian law.
We will respond to a complaint as soon as possible and attempt to resolve your concern.
Our contact details are:
Privacy Officer c/- Chemsave
Suite 302, Level 3, T1 Building
14 Lexington Drive
Bella Vista NSW 2153
If you believe that we have not adequately dealt with your complaint, you may complain to the Australian Information Commissioner, whose contact details are found on their website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/